Finger plays are a wonderful way to interact with children. They can teach them fine motor skills, help with rhyming, memorization, and so much more. If you loved reciting finger plays as a kid and have a child who is the same way, you will want to make a pair of these 5 Little Sweethearts Homemade Finger Play Gloves. They are so simple to make, and even children can get in on the process. When you are done you will have the perfect pair of finger play gloves to bring your songs and rhymes to life. Here is how you can get started making your own pair of 5 Little Sweethearts Finger Play Gloves!
5 Little Sweethearts Homemade Finger Play Gloves
- 1 Pair of stretchy gloves in any choice of color. Red, pink, or white is perfect!
- Felt hearts either pre-cut like we used, or you can cut your own from felt scraps.
- 10 googly eyes equalling 2 per heart.
- The first thing you will want to do is give your sweethearts faces. To do this, give each heart a pair of googly eyes. Just add a dab of glue to the back of each eye and press into place. Now, I didn’t add a mouth on my hearts, and you don’t have to either. Do what you prefer. Should you wish to add a mouth, a simple black marker should do the trick.
- How cute are these little guys? I love their faces. Now that they are all set you can add them to the tips of your gloves. Add some glue to the back of each heart and press each one firmly to the tips of the fingers. Hold in place until secure.
- Don’t they already look like they are ready to put on a show? I think so! Now you just need to wait for them to dry. You don’t want any hearts popping off while you are doing a play, right? Once dry, you are ready to use your finger play gloves. Just slide them on and watch the 5 Little Sweethearts come to life.
If you wish, you can even try using them while reciting this original poem:
5 Little Sweethearts Finger Play
5 little sweethearts sitting on a cake.
The first one said I have a tummy ache.
The second one said you ate too many sweets.
The third one said I want more to eat.
The fourth one said can someone pass the punch?
The fifth one said I am ready for some lunch.
Try making your own 5 Little Sweethearts finger play gloves and see what other fun rhymes and songs you can enjoy with them. For more Valentine’s Day fun for kids, check out my vintage camper inspired card box and easy felt arrows crafts.