Ear muffs are the perfect way to keep ears toasty. When you make these fun Valentine’s Day themed ear muffs, you can also make them festive! Making your own pair of Valentine’s Day ear muffs is a cinch, so easy in fact even your kids can enjoy this craft with little assistance. Take a peek below to see how you can make your own in just minutes!
DIY Valentine’s Day Ear Muffs for Kids
- Red, white, or pink ear muffs (We found ours for $3 at Michael’s Craft store. They had several colors to pick from!)
- Red, white, or pink felt
- Hot glue, glue gun
1. Begin by cutting a large heart out of your base felt. This will be the first piece attached to your ear muff so make sure it is an alternative color. You don’t want it to blend in and get lost. TIP: To create a nice and even heart, fold the felt in half and cut one side of your heart. Unfold it and see how even it now is! You can also use this piece now as a stencil for the next step.
2. Cut out a second heart in the same color, and same size. Use your first heart as a stencil as mentioned above.
3. Now, cut out two more hearts. They should be in an alternate color of felt, and made slightly smaller.
4. Apply some hot glue to the back of your larger hearts and press them to the sides of the ear muffs. Hold them in place until secure.
5. Layer on the second, smaller heart. Just apply glue and press to the previously attached heart.
How gorgeous are these? Once your felt is glued on and dry, your ear muffs can be enjoyed. They are sure to add some Valentine’s Day fun to your outfit, while keeping your ears cozy at the same time.
Give your own pair of Valentine’s Day ear muffs a try. They are sure to be a hit this Valentine’s Day season!