Check out how easy it is to make chocolate dipped clementine hearts. These would make a fun snack or treat for kids on Valentine’s Day!
These chocolate dipped clementine hearts are easy to make. If you wanted to be super healthy, you could stop after cutting the clementine wedges and using toothpicks to create hearts, but even when dipped in dark chocolate these Valentine’s treats are healthier than most other candy hearts.
How to Make Chocolate Dipped Clementine Hearts
- 3 – 4 clementine or Mandarin oranges (peeled and sectioned).
- 6 oz. dark chocolate candy melts, dark chocolate chips, or baker’s chocolate.
After the clementines are peeled and sectioned, cut each slice as shown below so that each slice looks like a half of a heart.
Connect two slices with a toothpick to form a heart as shown below. Repeat with the rest of the slices.
Melt the dark chocolate melts according to the package instructions.
Using a spoon, carefully dip and coat the bottom half of each clementine heart. Set on parchment paper and allow chocolate to completely set.
Drizzle a small amount of the melted chocolate at the ends of the toothpicks to create an “arrow” look.
Serve and enjoy!
Since chocolate clementines are gluten-free, peanut-free, and dairy-free as long as you use dairy-free dark chocolate, they make great Valentine treats for kids to take to school. You can use these printable Valentine baggy toppers shown below to make cute Valentine bags for the chocolate covered orange hearts.
Printable Recipe for Chocolate Dipped Clementine Hearts
- 3 -4 Clementine or mandarin oranges (peeled and sectioned)
- 6 oz. dark chocolate candy melts, dark chocolate chips, or bakers chocolate
- After the fruit is peeled and sectioned, cut each slice and connect with a toothpick as shown below.
- Heat the dark chocolate candy melt in the microwave for 35 seconds.
- Stir and heat for an additional 30 seconds.
- Using a spoon, carefully dip and coat half of the Clementine heart into the melted chocolate.
- Set on clementine heart on parchment paper and allow chocolate to completely set.
- Drizzle a small amount of melt chocolate at both ends of the toothpicks to create an “arrow” look.