It has been almost a month since I've shared a candy recipe. I really hope you appreciate my self control! However, Valentine's Day is coming up and my sweetheart's favorite candy is peanut butter bark. This is an easy candy to make, but don't tell my husband because I am going to pass it off as a labor of love. 😉
My husband and I rarely exchange big gifts on Valentine's Day. One year I made an exception to the rule and bought him Morison's History of the United States Naval Operations in World War II 15 Volume Set. Stupidest gift ever! I was neglected for months as he read through the books. I learned my lesson the hard way and will stick to candy this year.
Spoon the melted chocolate and peanut butter onto a cookie sheet covered in foil.
Swirl the chocolate and peanut butter together with a spatula. An offset spatula helps spread it evenly, but is not necessary.
- 1 package peanut butter chips
- 1 tablespoons shortening
- 1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup of unsalted, dry roasted peanuts
- Cover a cookie sheet with foil.
- Melt the peanut butter chips and shortening according to package directions. Once melted stir in ½ cup of the peanuts.
- Melt the chocolate chips according to package directions. Once melted stir in ½ cup of the peanuts.
- Alternate spooning the melted chocolate chips and melted peanut butter chips on to the cookie sheet. Then use a spatula to semi blend the two and spread it evenly over the foil.
- Let sit for 2 hours to firm up or put it in the freezer for 30 minutes. Break into pieces.