Make this Snowman Snow Measuring Stick so you can easily see how much snow you get this year.
Snow is already starting to swirl to the ground in some areas, leaving you to wonder exactly how much fell. Well don’t wonder any longer, instead, give this snowman snow measuring stick craft a try instead. When you craft your own snowman snow measuring stick, you can find out exactly how much snow has fallen in your yard. This is a craft that kids are sure to love and utilize over and over, so take a peek below and see how you can make your own snow measuring stick!
Snowman Snow Measuring Stick Tutorial
- Paint stir stick (free at most hardware stores)
- Tape measure
- Permanent marker
- Black and red felt
- Assorted buttons (black works out great!)
- Orange felt or craft foam
- Pair of googly eyes
- White craft paint/paint brush
- Hot glue, glue gun
1. Begin by applying two coats of white paint to your stir stick. Allow the paint to dry thoroughly.
2. You can now start assembling the face of the snowman. Add a dab of glue to your googly eyes and press to the front of the face.
3. Cut a small triangle out of your orange craft foam or felt. Apply it under the eyes for a carrot nose.
4. From the black felt you can cut out a hat, while you can cut out a strip for the scarf from the red. Apply both accessories with some glue.
5. Finish the snowman by adding some buttons down the front of the stick. We used basic black, and just added some glue and pressed then in place.
6. Flip the stick over to expose the back. Run your tape measure along the stick so you can start making your measurement marks. Have someone hold the tape measure flush up against the stick. Take your marker and make a dash for every inch. Be sure your tape measure starts at the bottom end of the snowman and works its way up to the top.
7. Remove the tape measure and mark each dash with the corresponding number. Make the numbers big so they are easy to read.
Your Snowman Snow Measuring Stick is now ready to be used. During the next snowfall, take the stick and press the bottom to the ground. Use the back measurements to see how much snow has fallen. How fun is that?
Give your own Snowman Snow Measuring Stick Craft a try. It is such a fun way to enjoy the snow and get kids active!