A couple of weeks ago I was operating on autopilot and accidentally cooked asparagus following my mother-in-law’s green bean recipe. My family loved it, my daughter named it “Serendipitous Asparagus” and it has since become a regular on my weekly menu. I start making it when aspargus first shows up in the stores in the spring and continue making it until I have harvested all the asparagus from my garden.
- 2lbs. asparagus, chopped
- ¼ cup butter
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat stir butter and garlic until butter melts.
- Add asparagus and pepper: toss gently until the asparagus is coated.
- Put a lid on the pan and reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until the asparagus is tender.