This asparagus recipe is “knock your socks off” delicious! Seriously, even people who think they don’t like asparagus, like this roasted asparagus with Dijon dressing. The Dijon dressing creates a flavorful balance that enhances the flavor of the asparagus without masking or overpowering it. Roasting asparagus in the oven produces a tender, yet crisp bite to the asparagus
This recipes is an easy way to cook several pounds of asparagus at once, which is nice for dinner parties. It is also handy to have a recipe that calls for several pounds of asparagus if you went a little crazy when you discovered a great sale on asparagus.
- 2 - 3 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 - 8 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ½ teaspoon dill
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place asparagus in a 13x9 baking dish.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil over asparagus, Sprinkle minced garlic over the asparagus and turn asparagus to coat.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until tender.
- While the asparagus is roasting, combine the dressing ingredients.
- Once the asparagus is tender, remove from oven. Drizzle dressing over the asparagus and turn to coat.
- Serve immediately.