Kale is a super food that is full of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. It is much like lettuce, typically used in salads and as a garnish. But did you know that kale can also be baked? When baked, it becomes light and crispy creating the perfect snack. If the world of kale is new to you, take a look below at how to make your own easy kale chips. They are full of crunch and flavor that even children seem to love.
When buying kale, look for leaves that are really ruffled. They seem to make better chips and have a great flavor.
- Kale leaves
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Sea salt
- Garlic Powder (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Wash your kale well. Make sure you get all of the ruffles well and in all of the cracks of it. Allow the kale to drip dry for several minutes on a paper towel.
- Begin tearing the kale into pieces. You want pieces that are about 1 inch by 1 inch. Anything smaller will just break apart into crumbs.
- Place the kale in a single layer on the cookie sheet. Spray the leaves with olive oil cooking spray. If you don’t have olive oil in spray form, you can drizzle it on. Be careful not to saturate the leaves.
- Sprinkle the leaves with sea salt and if you wish, garlic salt.
- Place in your 325 degree oven for 10-15 minutes. Check the kale chips often to avoid burning.
- When your kale is lightly browned and is crispy to the touch, remove the pan and allow them to cool. Once cool, your kale chips can be enjoyed.
Kale chips are a healthy snack great for children and adults both. Give this easy kale chips recipe a try and see how easy it can be to eat healthy!