Cookie cutters can be used for so much more than just sugar cookies. Check out these 7 Ways to Use Cookie Cutters in Your Holiday Baking this year.
Cookie cutters are so fun because they literally come in every shape you can imagine. While you might have traditionally used cookie cutters to make whimsical sugar cookies, the truth is they can be used for so much more. There are plenty of creative ways to use cookie cutters, and all of these tips can no doubt come in handy this holiday season. Take a peek at 7 Ways to Use Cookie Cutters in Your Holiday Baking, so you can really put out a creative spread.
7 Ways to Use Cookie Cutters in Your Holiday Baking
1. Make butter a work of art. If serving any baked goods where butter is often served with it, use mini metal cookie cutters to cut out small shapes from the stick of butter prior to serving. You can then serve each baked good with the shaped pat of butter which looks sweet and fun but is also quite practical.
2. Make brunch more festive. If hosting a brunch why not use cookie cutters to shape your toast, french toast, and even pancakes? Cookie cutters are perfect for doing exactly that, so keep some larger ones on hand. Your guests will no doubt notice the effort as their brunch is served in fun shapes.
3. Give sugar some shape. Create fun shapes on cakes and breads when you use cookie cutters as your stencil. Place the cookie cutter gently on the surface and sprinkle powdered sugar inside of it. When you remove the cookie cutter the sugar will have taken the shape of the cookie cutter and your dessert will have a design on it.
4. Pep up those pies. If you want your pies to really pop, save a little pie dough and use cookie cutters to make fun shapes. Take the shapes and gently layer them on top of the pie. Bake as usual. When your pie is done it will look like a real pastry chef had its way with it! The trick is cookie cutters, not a lot of time or effort.
5. Make your own petit fours. These little cakes are perfect for serving at holiday teas, and you can make them out of basic cake and frosting. Cookie cutters will come in handy when you are ready to cut your sheet cake into the tiny shapes, which you then layer and drench in frosting. Find an easy petit four recipe online and then pull out small cookie cutters to make the perfect shape.
6. Give fudge some shape. Cookie cutters can also be used to cut out shapes from your ray of homemade fudge. This is a fun idea if gifting the fudge or if you just want a fun way to display it. Metal cookie cutters will work best for this, and you can just cut the shapes directly from the tray.
7. Give even savory treats some shape. Are you baking cheesy garlic bites or another savory appetizer? Roll out your dough and use cookie cutters to give them some shape. Just because it is a savory dish doesn’t mean cookie cutters can’t be used. Even with savory foods, cookie cutters can make them ready to present.
Gather your cookie cutters and give these tips for using cookie cutters for holiday baking a try! Who knew they could be so helpful and fun?