Today, my youngest child said, “Let’s recipe”. So recipe we did. We made 2 batches of almond cookies so we could taste test them and decide which were our favorites.
After much deliberation, we have agreed to disagree on which were the best. I liked the eggless almond cookies which are sweetened with coconut palm sugar and Andrew’s favorites were the 3 ingredient almond cookies.
Egg Free Almond Cookies
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup coconut palm sugar ( or brown sugar)
1 teaspoon vanilla or cinnamon
1 cup sifted oat flour (here are directions for making your own oat flour)
1 cup almond meal
1. In a medium bowl, cream together butter, sugar and vanilla.
2. Add oat flour and almond meal to the butter mixture and blend until thoroughly combined.
3. Form the dough into 1 inch balls; place on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 300 degrees for 25 – 30 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before serving. Makes 2 dozen.
3 Ingredient Almond Cookies (Dairy Free and Gluten Free)
This is a variation on my 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies.
1 large egg
1 cup sugar
1 cup almond butter (smooth or chunky)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease the cookie sheets.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients together until they are well blended.
3. Drop Tablespoon size balls on to the cookie sheet. Flatten the cookie dough with a fork.
4. Bake for 12 – 14 minutes or until golden brown. Place cookie sheet on a cooling rack for several minutes, then remove the cookies and let them finish cooling on the cookie rack. Makes 2 dozen.
My friend Tami, from Butter My Kitchen, recommends adding 1 cup of chocolate chips to 3 ingredient cookies. I didn’t have any chocolate chips, so I melted 6 oz. of semisweet chocolate and dipped the cookies: