You may be wondering if an Amazon Prime membership is worth the cost, but if you know how to use it, it can pay for itself. Here's how to save money with amazon prime.
If you frequent Amazon.com, you may have noticed a service called “Amazon Prime.” For $12.99 a month, you can become a member (or $59 a year if you are a college student). Could it be worth it? What are the benefits? I will share them below, but you can find out for yourself, by trying Amazon Prime $3.00 for 30 days!
In this post, I will show you how to save money with Amazon Prime and why you should to consider getting a membership. I will also share with you some tips on how to maximize savings on things you may not even think to purchase online and how having an Amazon Prime membership can really help you get the most out of your shopping.
How to Save Money with Amazon Prime
First, Let’s go over the benefits of an Amazon Prime membership:
- Free two-day, rush and standard delivery on eligible items.
- Free shipping upgrades on eligible items.
- Free access to Prime Video – You can watch thousands of movies and TV shows for no additional cost with your prime membership. You can also pay to add individual cable channels such as HBO and Showtime to your membership, which is cheaper than getting cable for one or two channels that you like.
- Free Kindle lending library – Prime members get access to over 800,000 Kindle Titles that can be borrowed for free.
- Subscribe and Save – You can save 5% by subscribing to eligible items, and save 15% by subscribing to 5 or more items a month.
- Prime Music – Amazon offers a music streaming service to prime members. You can stream over 2 million songs with no ads and can choose to listen to stations, albums, or individual songs. There is a free app you can download and link to your prime account so you can listen on your phone.
Now, all of that sounds amazing, doesn’t it? And you only pay a once a year fee for the service.
But, how can you justify this membership if you are living frugally? What ways can it benefit you outside of free shipping perks and free access to multimedia?
You get access to the Kindle Lending Library and can access thousands of books for free! If you are a bookworm, this is worth it in itself as new release titles are often near $20 each, even as digital downloads.
How can the free shipping help save you money outside of your normal online purchases of gifts? Think of all the ways you could save on simple household expenses and not have to waste gas going to and from the store frequently. Did you know Amazon sells simple things like toilet paper in bulk? Plus you can save even more by subscribing to these items. Between the free shipping and subscription savings, you may find yourself spending a lot less than at the store.
Check out the other items you might be able to save on gas and time as well as shipping and get a good price to boot:
Snacks for the kiddos. When you buy in bulk, you can really save on things like nuts, dried fruits, and granola bars. No need to head to the store!
If you have pets, you could opt into a subscription service to buy their food and supplies on Amazon using your Prime account and not even have to pay shipping or worry you will run out and leave you making a last minute trip to the store.
Things for your car such as oil change supplies (doing it yourself is usually cheaper than taking it to a shop!) and wiper blades can be shipped free to your home, saving you even more!
While you may have a Costco or Sam’s club membership to save you money (and those can have high yearly fees!) for buying in bulk, you can do all of your bulk shopping on Amazon Prime and not even have to wait in line or be limited on product available in store, let alone lugging it inside.
These tips on how to save money with Amazon prime will save you time as well! Try Amazon Prime $3.00 for 30 days so you can decide for yourself whether the benefits are worth it.