You will probably attend many parties this year and this may leave you trying to figure out the perfect hostess gift that will stay within your budget. Let's look at some great low-cost ways to show your host you appreciate their efforts.
10 Low Cost Hostess Gift Ideas
1. Finding a hostess gift that fits the theme of the party is always in order. There are many low cost ways you can do this. If, for instance, you are attending a party that is a BBQ, a nice new set of BBQ tongs/fork is a nice gesture. If you are attending a more formal event, consider a small, inexpensive set of wine toppers.
2. If your host is big on cooking, a thoughtful gift might be a way for him or her to organize their recipes. This could be in the form of a nice recipe card organizer or even a cute USB drive if your host is particularly technically inclined. Both are usually under $10 each.
3. Anything to make a home look nice is great for a hostess gift. This can be inexpensive candles, or even a low cost flower arrangement you put together yourself. With a few nice embellishments from your local dollar store, you can create a beautiful flower display for a low price. For more tips on saving money on flowers, make sure you check out this post.
4. For the crafty people among you, consider making a small gift. This can be anything from your own body scrub to something more delicious, such as creating chocolates made in candy molds.
5. Of course, the classic hostess gift is a bottle of wine or champagne. Unfortunately, this can get kind of pricey, so for this, you may want to check out discount and outlet type stores to find some great deals on overstock of spirits. Dress it up with a simple wine gift bag from the dollar store or even just a pretty ribbon.
6. Does your hostess like coffee or tea? You can get some great deals on high end coffee or tea for less than $10 and include a cute mug from a second hand store or even a simple one from the discount store. Just place a few small teabags in the mug and tie off with a ribbon.
7. Anything monogrammed is a great choice, especially if the host(ess) is just moving into a new home or newly married. Consider purchasing this Monogrammed letter for holding corks. Wouldn't this be perfect for the hostess to remember each party she threw?
8. Put together a gift basket that has the basic dry ingredients for an easy meal such as spaghetti. Include pasta sauce (home-made if you can!), pasta, garlic and even a spatula or pasta scoop. After hosting a party for others, it will be a welcome gift to make an easy meal later on.
9. One way you could really surprise your host is to make a scrapbook page or even just a couple photos in a collage of the event you were invited to. They won't have any idea that you aren't just taking pictures to remember the event yourself. Shortly after, get the best ones developed and give them in a nice collage frame.
10. Make a set of spices for your host. You could even do them in a theme and add them to a nice basket with another small gift. For instance, make a basket with Chipotle Seasoning mix and Taco Seasoning mix. Add in a Taco Holder and some tortillas. You can make the seasonings for low cost by getting all the ingredients in bulk.