You can make your Mom feel special without breaking the bank! Here are 75 frugal ways to enjoy Mother’s Day.
Who says that you have to spend big bucks to impress Mom on Mother’s Day? Moms don’t want expensive gifts! They just want to be remembered and appreciated. So instead of heading to the mall, take a look at this list of 75 frugal ways to enjoy Mother’s Day for ideas. You can still make Mom feel like a million bucks without spending a lot of money. Take a look below and see how!
75 Frugal Ways to Enjoy Mother’s Day
1. Pick some native wildflowers. Put them in a mason jar or wrap the stems with twine.
2. Visit a local park or nature reserve.
3. Treat her to some yard work. Who wants to get their hands dirty on Mother’s Day?
4. Plant a package of spring bulbs for her.
5. Fly kites together. Make them yourself if you are so inclined.
6. Enjoy a free or inexpensive concert at a local park, high school, or college.
7. Buy some canvas and paint together.
8. Bake her some homemade bread, cookies, or a cake.
9. Treat her to donuts and coffee.
10. Make a handmade card.
11. Buy her a scented candle in her favorite scent.
12. Fill a glass jar with slips of paper naming the reasons why you love her.
13. Read her favorite book with her.
14. Make her a bookmark for that favorite book.
15. Buy some dollar store bath products and make a gift basket.
16. Make a gift basket of dollar store gardening supplies.
17. Offer to clean her house.
18. Make sub sandwiches together.
19. Write her a poem.
20. Rent her very favorite movie and enjoy it with her.
21. Create a family tree together.
22. Go to the local cosmetology school for beauty treatments.
23. See a movie at the budget theatre.
24. Visit the local pound and visit with the pets.
25. Go on a nature hike and collect specimens of things you find interesting.
26. Find a freebie or inexpensive magazine subscription for her and treat her.
27. Buy her a box of her favorite tea and a dollar store mug.
28. Offer to walk her dog or bathe her pets for her.
29. Go fishing.
30. Go glamping! That’s camping but with fun extras like pretty dishes and fresh flowers.
31. Go roller skating at a local rink.
32. Head to a local bookstore and browse the new books.
33. Attend a cooking class together.
34. Visit a local museum during its free or reduced hours.
35. Paint your own pottery or take an art class together.
36. Visit a local greenhouse and admire the plants.
37. Head to the zoo and feed the animals if possible.
38. Pack a picnic and head out to enjoy it.
39. Grill out together.
40. Go thrift shopping together and look for treasures.
41. Spend time looking at family pictures together.
42. Make her a cd of her favorite songs.
43. Record your own children singing her a song, or sing one yourself.
44. Find a piece of secondhand furniture and make it new for her. Add paint, new fabric, etc.
45. Go bird watching. Take a field guide with you and see what you can spot.
46. Pull out the chalk and make sidewalk murals together.
47. Go listen to a local comedian.
48. Find a free wine tasting in your area.
49. Watch a local sporting event together, or find one to enjoy on t.v.
50. Make your own sailboats then find a pond to test them out in.
51. Swim or run through the sprinkler. You are never too old.
52. Buy a pair of $1 flipflops then decorate them with silk flowers and faux jewels.
53. Make a hot dog bar and enjoy a feast!
54. Make popcorn balls together.
55. Plant a small herb garden that she can use all season long.
56. Buy her a bottle of her favorite nail polish. Add a dollar store nail file.
57. Find her a meditation or relaxation CD. These are often less than $7 in most bargain bins.
58. Try making sushi together. There are youtube.com videos to show you how!
59. Make your own beauty products such as bath scrubs and lotions. Again, tons of tutorials are online.
60. Dress up her garden for her with dollar store décor such as signs, pinwheels, etc.
61. Buy her a coffee shop gift card and place it in a dollar store mug.
62. Repurpose an old frame with some fresh paint and gift it to her with a family picture.
63. Watch old movies with her. This is a great time to enjoy those popcorn balls!
64. Try making a family recipe together. Be sure to wear aprons!
65. Write her a thank you letter from the heart.
66. Visit a local aquarium.
67. Enjoy some homemade popsicles together.
68. Make your own jewelry from the discounted beads at your local craft store.
69. Make a garden stone using an inexpensive kit.
70. Sew an eye pillow using a little fabric, dried rice, and lavender.
71. Make a gift basket using dollar store cooking utensils and hand towels.
72. Find her some gently used thrift store books you think she may enjoy.
73. Make a collage using family pictures. You can even add quotes to the collage if you wish.
74. Play a classic board game together.
75. Just sit, relax, and enjoy talking together. No phones, no texting, no tv. Just the two of you catching up, laughing, and bonding is all you need.
If you are a Mom with children still at home, use this list for inspiration to give your children ideas for how you would like to celebrate Mother’s Day. Teach your children now that a thoughtful gift is more important than the cost of the gift!