So it’s the middle of winter, you are probably ready for the sun to start shining and see signs that Spring is on the way. Unfortunately these long winter days will continue for several more months, resulting in many days stuck indoors. You may be one of the many that need the sunshine and can start feeling depressed without it. Believe it or not, your home doesn’t have to feel the same way.
There are easy ways to decorate your home to help fight wintertime blues and help you make it through the rest of winter.
1. Add pops of yellow throughout your home to bring some life and warmth to your spaces. Whether it’s a decorative pillow, candlestick or throw, yellow is a great way to improve your overall mood. Yellow represents sunshine and is the color for joy and happiness.
2. Create an indoor garden with fresh herbs and green plants. Live plants are a great way to bring your home to life and boost your spirit. It can also be a reminder that Spring is on it’s way. How to start an indoor garden shares many tips for indoor gardening.
3. Bring your flower garden inside by decorating your home with fresh cut flowers. Flowers are colorful and always make you smile and feel cheerful. Many grocery stores continue to have fresh cut flowers in stock.
4. Create a beachy atmosphere. Bring out the sand and shells to add elements of the beach around your home. Use your glass hurricanes or vases and fill them with sand and candles or seashells. This is a sure way to think about days of having fun in the sun.
5. Create a cozy spot, using a bright lamp for reading your favorite book during those long dreadful cold days that keep you indoors all day. Using a bright lamp can help boost your mood.
6. Bring in the smell of spring with floral and other spring scented candles, wax melts, or room deodorizers. Not only does Spring smell like flowers, it has a clean and fresh smell too.
Wintertime causes many people to feel depressed, with no end in sight. By the end of January most people have had enough of the cold, snowy weather and are ready to see signs of Spring. If you are feeling blue and ready for a change in weather, these tips are easy for creating your own Spring-like home and enhancing your cheerful mood.