Do you love candy corn as much as I do? Candy corn is the signature candy for Halloween, so when you see candy corn in the stores, you know it’s getting close to Halloween.
I have to admit, my family absolutely love Candy corn. It’s a family tradition to have candy corn this time of year.
Since my family loves candy corn so much, I made this cute Halloween decor, KEEP CALM AND EAT CANDY CORN canvas art. It adds a little bit of fun and makes us feel festive.
This is a very easy DIY Halloween craft that you can make in no time and it doesn’t cost too much money!
Today I am going to show you how to make one.
- 1 12X12 art Canvas board.
- 1 12×12 piece of scrap book paper (scrap book paper is sold as individual pieces, 12×12 in size, a large assortment of colors and patterns, and inexpensive in price)
- a package of 1 inch lettered stickers (make sure your package has enough of each letter)
- a candy corn wooden cutout (any art supply store will have them)
- modge podge
- yellow, orange, and white craft paint
- paint brush
- foam brush
- Paint the wooden candy corn cut. Let it dry.
- Apply the scrap book paper to the canvas by using modge podge.
- modge podge is easy to use: just use a foam brush to apply the modge podge to the entire back of the scrap paper. Once you place the scrap bookpaper onto of the canvas, apply a coat of modge podge over the top of the scrap book paper. Let it dry, about 10 minutes, and apply 1-2 more coats to be used as a protectant. Modge podge will dry clear.
3. Once the modge podge and painted candy corn are dried, glue the candy corn to the canvas.
4. Apply your lettered stickers to the covered canvas board and spell out Keep Calm and Eat Candy Corn.
5. Hang it and enjoy!
I hope you have enjoyed this Halloween Tutorial. This is a very simple way to bring Halloween’s fun into your home.