There is no better feeling than turning trash into treasure. If you have old pie pans and plates around the home, or happen to stumble across some at your local thrift shop, snag them up! With just a little adhesive and patience you can easily whip up your own three-tiered server, perfect for displaying cupcakes, desserts, knick knacks, or anything else you can imagine. This three-tiered server is an easy upcycle project, and a great way to turn some old items into something refreshing and new. Take a look below at how you can make your very own.
How to Make a Three Tier Server
- 3 pie plates or metal pans in various sizes
- 2 metal or wooden candlesticks
- High strength adhesive. A glue such as 9001 is ideal. You can find this at your local craft store for around $4. If you purchase a tube from Hobby Lobby, don’t forget to take your 40% off coupon with you for additional savings.
- First, wash your plates and candlesticks well. You want them to adhere well and starting with a clean surface will help. Wipe dry.
- Place your largest plate on a flat work surface. Apply a generous dab of adhesive on the center of the plate.
- Press one of your candlesticks to the adhesive, trying to keep it on the very center of the plate.
- Next, add a generous dab of adhesive to the top of the candlestick you just applied. Place your medium sized plate on top the candlestick, pressing gently.
- Repeat the process, adding a generous dab of adhesive to the center of the plate. Add your second candlestick to the center of the plate. Press gently.
- Add a generous dab of flue to the final candlestick. Top it with your smallest plate. Press gently. Continue to press firmly on the server to make sure the pieces adhere well.
A super adhesive such as 9001 takes about 24 hours to dry, so do not attempt to use your server until about 24 hours have passed.
Once your adhesive is dry, you can start using your server in any way you desire. Stack mini pumpkins and gourds on it, treats and desserts, candy, appetizers, or anything else you wish. You can add a coat of spray paint if you wish to make the server look uniform, or just leave it natural. A damp cloth is all you need to clean your server.
Turn some trash into treasure when you make your own upcycled server!