A few days ago my daughter asked for a scouring pad. I asked her why and she said she was going to clean the bathroom. I didn’t have a scouring pad, but I wasn’t about to let that stop my daughter from cleaning! I remembered that I had some mesh onion bags and decided to try using them to make my own scouring pads.
1. I cut open one seam and the bottom of the bag creating a rectangle of “fabric”.
2. I cut the mesh fabric into 3 – 4 inch wide strips.
3. I folded each strip twice, so it was 1/4 its original length.
4. Then I stacked two folded strips on top of each other.
5. I took a separate strip and cut it in half. I used one of those pieces to tie a knot around the center of a set of stacked fabric.
6. I poofed the mesh out to create a ball. I trimmed the loose strings and gave it to my daughter, so she could begin cleaning!
Then I repeated the process, so I would have scouring pads on hand the next time one of my kids felt like cleaning.