Are you looking to revamp your morning routine to become super productive? Maybe your time is cut short and you really need to get stuff done in the morning. Moms and dads struggle ever day with their morning routine productivity, but we have solutions to this problem!
7 Tips to Make Your Morning Routine Super Productive
1. Stay off social media. If you want to be super productive in your morning routine, the key is to stay off of social media. Once you log in, it’s so hard to log off. Unless social media is part of your job, avoid logging in at any cost in the morning.
If you must log in for work purposes, utilize handy browser extensions that will set timers and prevent you from staying on social media too long. This is ideal for those who need to check messages, but tend to get caught up in their newsfeed.
2. Make a list for yourself. Sometimes you’re not super productive because you don’t know what you should be doing. Instead of wondering what’s next, make yourself a list. Crossing something off of your list always feels good, doesn’t it? Having a solid list for your morning routine makes it easy to know exactly what to do when you get up each day.
3. Eat a good breakfast. Another way to be super productive in the morning is to actually eat breakfast. Don’t skip out on fueling your body what it needs to survive. Not only do we have prep-ahead tips for evening meals, you can use our tips for breakfast. Do as much work in advance as possible to make your morning routine go smoothly no matter the day ahead. Follow Alea's tips in her book Prep Ahead Meals From Scratch to make this easier.
4. Stay off your phone. Unless you need to be on your phone for business purposes, try to avoid it in the morning. Just like social media, phones can also suck your time away. If you want to be super productive in the mornings, you’ll need to stay off your phone. Drop it in your purse or bag and leave it there until your morning chores are managed.
5. Prep the night before. Sometimes a little prep the night before can help make your morning routine run more smoothly. For example, you can lay out your clothing for the next day or even prep your work bags. Thinking ahead is always a time saver and can motivate you to be more productive. You can even get a simple hanging wall organizer for kids to use for storing clothing, shoes, books, and other items in for each day of the week.
6. Try to be positive. Keep in mind that you’re human, so things are bound to go wrong. You can’t get upset when things go wrong, instead, you need to have a good attitude about it all. You can have a good attitude by trying to let things go that aren’t going your way. Positivity always gets you further.
7. Jump right in. Some people waste time in the morning because they cannot decide what they need to do first. In order to be super productive in the morning, jump right in. Sometimes you just need to get started in order to start rolling.
Being super productive in your morning routine comes down from to not getting distracted, taking care of yourself, and not fiddling around.
What tips do you have for being super productive in the mornings?