You want to work out, but you don't have the funds for a gym membership – or maybe you just can't justify the expense. Either way, getting fit on a budget isn't as hard as you might think! Using items you already have on hand (or can purchase for less than $10), I'll help you get in shape in no time!
Use your phone! There are tons (yes, I mean tons) of inexpensive Fitness Apps:
- Workout Trainer by Skimble
- Calorie Counter and Diet Tracker by MyFitnessPal
- And More!
Challenge yourself. You've seen the challenges on Pinterest. Now make your own!
- 30 Day Squat Challenge (Start with 50, add a few each day)
- 30 Day Ab Challenge (Crunches, reverse crunches, standing crunches, etc)
- 30 Day Water Challenge (Water is VERY important on your fitness journey!)
- 30 Day Cardio Challenge (A new cardio exercise every few days)
Do bodyweight and cardio exercises for a high calorie burn:
- jumping jacks
- high knees
- butt kicks
- wall sits
- side kicks
- dips (This is a great article from Spark People: 100+ Cardio Workout Ideas)
Get a full body workout with affordable equipment:
- DVDs (as little as $5 at Wal-Mart or on Amazon, or rented for free at the library)
- Soup cans or milk jugs for weights (fill with water)
- Use Pantyhose in place of resistance bands
- DIY Slosh Pipe
- Bicycling (check out Goodwill)
- Hula Hooping (make your own weighted hula hoop!)
- Don't forget, walking is free!
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator, park farther away at the store… you know the drill.
- Add in a few soup can weights, and you'll be toning up in no time!
What's your favorite way to get fit on a budget?
Sadie is sharing her weight loss journey on her blog Slap Dash Mom.