Do you have a handful of wine corks around the house? If so, why not try crafting these DIY Halloween Cork Critters? These Halloween cork critters are too cute for words, and they make the perfect frugal Halloween craft. Here is how you can turn a handful of corks into your own Halloween cork critters.
DIY Halloween Cork Critters
- Assorted wine corks (if you don’t have any, you can buy them from your local craft store)
- Craft paint in white, green, and orange
- Black marker
- Googly eyes
- Pipe cleaners
- Craft glue
- Paint brush
There are several variations of critters that can be made from these supplies. This tutorial will show you how to make a ghost, Frankenstein, and of course a pumpkin!
- For all of these critters, your first step will be painting the cork in the appropriate color. Your ghost will be white, your pumpkin orange, and your monster will be green. Add two coats and allow to dry.
- Once your glue is dry, you can add your googly eyes. Just add some glue and press into place. It’s really easy! Next, you can add your marker features. For the ghost, this included a dot mouth. For the pumpkin, we crafted a face using assorted shapes, and for the monster we added some hair and a stitch mouth.
- Just add marker features of your choice to make the face come to life. You can add as little or as much detail as you wish.
- Finish off your Halloween cork critters with any pipe cleaner accents you wish. For our pumpkin, we snipped a small stem and stuck it into the top of the cork.
Your Halloween cork critters are now complete. Kids can use them as puppets or you can put them on the end of a chopstick and add them to plants. However you decide to put them to use, they are a frugal way to have some Halloween fun.
Gather your supplies and give these easy Halloween cork critters a try!
More Halloween Crafts
Hand Painted Candy Corn Treat Bag
DIY Doily Spiderweb Craft for Kids
Decorating for Fall with Candy Corn: A DIY Candy Corn Sign
Leave a Reply