Coloring is a great way to keep little hands busy and happy while they wait for their turkey. These Adorable Turkey Crayon Cups and free printable color and activity placemats will not only provide some entertainment for the kids but will dress up your table at the same time!
Print out the Thanksgiving Placemats here. Then grab your kids and make the turkey crayon cups to place beside each child's place setting at the kids' table this Thanksgiving.
DIY Turkey Crayon Cups Tutorial
- Clear plastic or brown paper cups
- 1 ½ inch circle punch
- Construction paper in yellow, orange, red, and brown
- Google eyes
- Hot glue and glue gun
- Cut construction paper into leaf shapes (or use real or artificial leaves), with two of each color for each cup except for yellow which only requires one for each cup. Also cut orange construction paper into triangles as beaks and red construction paper as the turkey wattle, one for each cup.
- Turn the cup and use the hot glue to attach the tail feathers on the back, add glue to paper rather than a plastic cup.
- Use the circle punch to cut the turkey head from yellow construction paper, one for each cup.
- With craft glue attach the cut beaks and wattles as well as the google eyes, create a turkey face on the yellow circles.
- Then, attach faces, adding hot glue to the back of the paper rather than to cup to avoid any melt.
- Once the glue has set, add a handful of crayons to each of the cups.
Print out as many Thanksgiving Placemats as you need, the pdf gives you 4 different color and activity placemat designs so there are plenty to share and keep kids (and maybe some adults) busy. Click the blue link or the image below to print the activity placemats.