This cute Mason Jar Turkey Craft is an easy Thanksgiving activity for kids. When finished, the turkeys can be used to decorate for the holiday or filled with goodies.
There are so many great things about mason jars. You can obviously use them for canning, but they are also excellent for organizing around your home. Lately, there has been an explosion of mason jar crafts online.
Fall is here and that means there is more time for me to craft as summer is over and school is back in session. This cute little Mason Jar Turkey Craft is the perfect autumn craft if you are looking for something simple. You could fill it with goodies and give it as a teacher gift before the Thanksgiving holiday or just keep it as part of your own decor at home. Either way, it's an easy turkey-themed craft to make, so let's get started!
Mason Jar Turkey Craft for Kids Tutorial
- small mason jar w/lid
- brown or tan craft paint
- paint brush
- black, white, yellow, orange, red, brown, and purple felt
- hot glue, glue gun
1. Begin by applying two coats of craft paint to the inside of the mason jar. Allow the paint to dry thoroughly.
2. While the paint dries, you can begin snipping out the feathers of the turkey. Cut out some long ovals from the felt in any color combination you wish.
3. Craft the face of your turkey by cutting out two large white circles and two small black circles for pupils. You also want to cut out an orange triangle for the beak and a red squiggled oval for the gobbler.
4. If the paint is dry, attach the lid to the mason jar. Add a dab of glue to each feather and press it to the back of the jar. (If using hot glue, an adult should do this part.)
4. Finish the mason jar turkey by applying the face. Layer the two circles to create eyes, place the beak below, and tuck the gobbler under the beak.