We love Peppermint Bark, but you know I just can't leave a recipe alone. This year, I decided to take my easy peppermint bark recipe and add mint morsels and colored morsels. As I expected, it tastes amazing!
I was going for colorful, but I kind of exceeded my expectations. When my daughter saw my Double Mint Bark she said, “It looks like Christmas exploded”. I replied, “And by Christmas exploding, do you mean a totally awesome Buddy the Elf Christmas explosion?” She said that was exactly what she meant. 😉
This bark is still easy to make, but you will need to enlist a little helper to sort the chocolate morsels:
My helper announced that he only ate the chocolate chips that were stuck together. He said, “they wouldn't have looked pretty on your candy. I was doing you a favor”.
Spread the melted chocolate out on the baking sheet. Freeze the chocolate for 5 minutes to quickly cool. Then melt the white chocolate and spread it out. You have to work faster when working with the white chocolate because it cools faster when spread over frozen chocolate.
Press the morsels and crushed candy canes into the white chocolate to embed them before the white chocolate hardens.
- 10 oz. bag Nestle Semi-Sweet Morsels with Red and Green Morsels
- 10 oz. bag Nestle Dark chocolate and Mint Morsels
- 12 oz. bag white chocolate chips
- ½ cup crushed candy canes.
- Separate the red and green morsels from the semi-sweet morsels.
- Add the mint chips to the red and green morsels and the dark chocolate morsels to the semi-sweet morsels.
- Add crushed candy canes to colored morsels. Stir to mix.
- Spread a piece of foil over a baking sheet.
- Melt the semi-sweet and dark chocolate chips together in the microwave for a minute on medium-high. Stir and cook in the microwave for another 20 - 30 seconds or until all the chips are melted.
- spread the melted chocolate out on the foil.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 5 minutes to quickly cool the chocolate.
- Melt the white chocolate chips together in the microwave for a minute on medium-high. Stir and cook in the microwave for another 20 - 30 seconds or until all the chips are melted.
- Quickly spread the white chocolate over the top of the dark chocolate.
- sprinkle the colored morsels and crushed candy canes over the white chocolate. Press to embed in the chocolate.
- Freeze for 5 - 10 minutes to quickly cool.
- Remove from the foil and break into pieces.
More Candy Bark Recipes: