There is something cool about a sandwich isn’t there? It’s a meal you can hold in your hand, scoring major points on so many levels. I had a hankering for a sandwich, but not just any sandwich. I set out to assemble something memorable and unique and I think I did with this chopped pork sandwich recipe.
This is the perfect sandwich to make when you have leftover ribs from the night before (sometimes, there is such a thing!) or you want to make something truly unique that will linger on the taste-buds of family and friends this summer. It is packed with protein so it won’t let you down, and it’s something everyone will love. I have also included a recipe for applesauce mayonnaise with cracked black pepper. It really finishes off this recipe.
Chopped Pork Sandwich with Avocado, Fried Egg and Bacon
- 4 pounds of Pork Country Ribs
- 4 Apples
- Olive Oil
- Chipotle Seasoning
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Medium Onion
- Thick Cut Bacon 4-5 slices
- Sliced Pickles
- Onion Rolls
- Habanero or pepper jack cheese Cheese
- Remove meat from package, rinse then pat dry. Brush meat with olive oil and rub with Chipotle Seasoning.
- Grab a large cast iron skillet and add 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Cut apples into 1" slices and place in bottom of skillet. Place rib meat on top of sliced apples. Slice an onion an place onion slices on top of meat. Place meat in a pre-heated 350 degree oven and cook for 2½ hours.
- Take a skillet and fry 4-5 slices of thick cut bacon, when finished set on paper towels and set aside.
- When ribs are finished cooking let stand for 15 minutes then chopped meat, set aside.
- Toast onion rolls in a skillet with butter until golden brown, set aside
- Peel avocado and dice, set aside,
- Fry two eggs over easy, set aside.
- Now assemble sandwich. Enjoy.
- 4 Tbsp of Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp of Applesauce
- ½ Teaspoon of Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- Mix all ingredients and chill in refrigerator.