As part of a sponsored post for Collective Bias®, I made this quick and easy Chicken Marsala Recipe using Land O’ Lakes Sauté Express® Sauté Starter:
I am going to start off by letting you know that I was a little skeptical about Land O’ Lakes Sauté Express® Sauté Starter when I first heard about it. I am usually a “cook everything from scratch” sort of person. However, a 75¢ off coupon for Sauté Express® Sauté Starter combined with Walmart’s low price of $2.76 convinced me to try it. And wow, was I impressed! This is seriously delicious.
My husband walked in when I was melting the Garlic and Herb Sauté Express® Sauté Starter for the first time to see what I was cooking. It smells that good. And it tastes even better. It is a mixture of butter, olive oil, garlic and spices. So you can add a square to a pan then add some veggies, saute, and 10 minutes later you will have the most fantastic side dish.
Making a quick side dish is one thing, I wanted to see if I could take it to the next level. How fast could I create an entire dinner using a Sauté Starter? I formulated a plan for a quick dinner recipe, set a timer, and started cooking. I was able to create an amazingly delicious Chicken Marsala that my family raved about with Garlic Green Beans and Potatoes on the side in 20 minutes. Faster than I could have pizza delivered and so much more wholesome.
Save the wrappers! Place the wrappers in a baggy and put them in the freezer to use later to grease casserole dishes. It is a flavorful alternative to greasing your pans with butter or oil alone.
I took a recipe for Easy Chicken Marsala that I found on the Land O’ Lakes website and made it even faster and easier by replacing several of the ingredients with Sauté Express® Garlic & Herb Sauté Starter.
While the Chicken Marsala was cooking, I started sauteing green beans and potatoes in Sauté Express® Garlic and Herb Sauté Starter.
Quite a few potatoes wedges were stolen by people walking through the kitchen as I cooked. Next time, I will have to factor that in and add an extra potato to the recipe.
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour (or 3 tablespoons cornstarch to make this gluten-free)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 cubes Sauté Express® Garlic and Herb Sauté Starter
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast tenders
- 1 cup dry Marsala wine, dry sherry, or chicken broth
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- Combine flour or corn starch, salt and pepper in large resealable plastic food bag. Melt 2 cubes Sauté Express® Garlic and Herb Sauté Starter in pie pan or shallow bowl. Dip chicken in melted Sauté Express® Sauté Starter; place chicken tenders into bag. Seal bag tightly; shake to coat chicken.
- Melt 2 cubes Sauté Express® Garlic and Herb Sauté Starter in large skillet until sizzling; add chicken. Cook over medium-high heat, turning once, for 6-8 minutes or until chicken is browned. Add wine and mushrooms. Continue cooking 4-6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and sauce is slightly thickened.
More Chicken Marsala Recipes
Chicken Marsala Pizza (p.16 Prep-Ahead Meals from Scratch)
While many people enjoy Chicken Marsala over pasta, I prefer to skip the pasta and serve it with a side dish of veggies, so I made Garlic Green Beans and Potatoes. I adapted this recipe that I found on the Land O’ Lakes website. It was quick, easy and seriously delicious!
- 4 medium potatoes
- 2 Land O Lakes® Garlic & Herb Sauté Express® squares
- 1 lb green beans, trim ends
- Pierce potatoes with fork in 2-3 places. Microwave 3-5 minutes or until just beginning to soften.
- Melt 2 Sauté Express® squares in large skillet over medium-low heat just until bubbles begin to form.
- Cut potatoes into bite-sized wedges; add potatoes and green beans to skillet. Cover; cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown and green beans are tender.
You can see all the varieties of Land O’Lakes Sauté Express® Sauté Starters and find quick dinner recipes here. Scroll down once you get to the site and you will find fast and easy recipes to inspire you to cook, even on the crazy busy nights.