I enjoy coming up with new snack ideas for parties. I decided to modify my Peppermint Bark Chex Party Mix to make a Peppermint Bark Popcorn. I changed the quantities, but used a similar method. I also decided to use white chocolate on half of the popcorn and dark chocolate on the rest. This allows people to pick their favorite chocolate or combine them for a party in their mouth.
I used red and green striped peppermint candy canes to add a little more color to the Peppermint bark. Don’t let the number of steps mislead you. This is easy to make and comes together quickly.
We use an air popper to make our popcorn. If you use another method, use as little oil as you can get away with and do not add salt.
- 16 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups white chips
- 12 candy canes, crushed
- Line two baking sheets with foil or parchment paper.
- Divide the popcorn between the two baking sheets.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and melt according to package directions.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over one sheet of popcorn. Toss to coat.
- Sprinkle ¼ of the crushed candy canes on the chocolate coated popcorn. Gently flip and then sprinkle an ¼ of the crushed candy canes over the chocolate coated popcorn.
- Place white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and melt according to package directions.
- Drizzle melted white chocolate over the other sheet of popcorn. Toss to coat.
- Sprinkle ¼ of the crushed candy canes on the white chocolate coated popcorn. Gently flip and then sprinkle an ¼ of the crushed candy canes over the white chocolate coated popcorn.
- Place the popcorn in the freezer for a couple of minutes or in the refrigerator for 10 - 15 minutes to harden the chocolate.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, combine both types of peppermint bark popcorn in a bowl.
- Store uneaten popcorn in an airtight container.
If you like different types of popcorn, check out these 15 delicious flavored popcorn recipes.