This pie is my daughter's specialty. We frequently ask her to make it for us. We feel a little less guilty about eating pie when it is filled with fresh strawberries. She adapted her Strawberry Cream Pie from a recipe she found in the June/July 2007 Taste of Home Magazine.
- In a small saucepan combine the sugar, cornstarch, and water until smooth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes, or until thickened.
- Remove from heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate until slightly thickened.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the pie crust.
- Arrange sliced strawberries on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon the gelatin mixture over berries.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Serve with whipped cream on top.
More Pie Recipes:
- Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Strawberry Cream Pie
- Marshmallow Mixed Berry Pie
- Always in Season Pumpkin Pie
- Mixed Berry Pie with Granola Bar Crust
- Sweet Potato Pie with Gluten-Free Ginger Cookie Crust