This is a fast and easy recipe for pizza sauce. It comes together in the time it takes to cook the pizza crust and is quite delicious. I often use leftover spaghetti sauce to make pizzas, so I have come to expect a flavorful pizza sauce and this recipe achieves my goal of a lot of flavor with very little work.
I allow the pizza sauce to simmer while I am baking the pizza crust. Then I add the pizza sauce to the crust, top with our favorite ingredients and bake according to directions.
- 15 - 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon seasoned salt
- dash pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pot.
- Cook over a medium-high flame until it reaches a boil.
- Lower the flame and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Spread on pizza crust and prepare pizza according to directions.
Chicken and Artichoke Pizza
Chicken Alfredo Pizza with Broccoli
Gluten-Free Pizza Dough