I think sweet potato fries are one of those great compromise foods. My kids get to eat “fries” and I get to watch my children enjoy a vitamin rich vegetable! My kids love sweet potato fries. They will eat them just about any way that I cook them: plain, garlicky, spicy or coated with pumpkin pie spice.
- 3 large sweet potatoes or yams, cut into large fries
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (How to make Pumpkin Pie Spice)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Grease a large baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine apple juice and honey. Microwave for 20 seconds to melt honey. Add pumpkin pie spice and mix well.
- Place Fries in a large bowl. Pour honey-spice mixture over the fries. Toss to coat.
- Place fries on greased baking sheet. Bake at 450 degrees. Turn after 15 minutes, cook for an additional 15 – 20 minutes or until the outside is golden brown and slightly crisp.
More Sweet Potato Recipes:
Do you make your own fries? What is your favorite way to eat them?