I think sweet potato fries are one of those great compromise foods. My kids get to eat “fries” and I get to watch my children enjoy a vitamin rich vegetable! My kids love sweet potato fries. They will eat them just about any way that I cook them: plain, garlicky, spicy or coated with pumpkin pie spice.
- 3 large sweet potatoes or yams, cut into large fries
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (How to make Pumpkin Pie Spice)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Grease a large baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine apple juice and honey. Microwave for 20 seconds to melt honey. Add pumpkin pie spice and mix well.
- Place Fries in a large bowl. Pour honey-spice mixture over the fries. Toss to coat.
- Place fries on greased baking sheet. Bake at 450 degrees. Turn after 15 minutes, cook for an additional 15 – 20 minutes or until the outside is golden brown and slightly crisp.
More Sweet Potato Recipes:
Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Cauliflower
Do you make your own fries? What is your favorite way to eat them?
For more delicious recipes, visit Foodie Friday, Friday Potluck, Friday Food, Vegetarian Foodie Friday, Food on Fridays, and Fight Back Friday.
[email protected] says
My husband loves sweet potato fries but I never thought of making them with pumpkin pie spice..lmsweet idea!
Yummo!! Blaze will eat Sweet potatoes so I won't need to sneak them lol.
That's a great idea! I just love sweet potato fries!
Nicole Feliciano says
We do make our own. I love fresh rosemary on our sweet potato fries.
Thanks for letting me know Laura, I have corrected the link.
I wasn't able to click through to the pumpkin pie spice blend recipe. The fries sound great, though!
Erin @ EKat's Kitchen says
I love sweet potato fries, and I think the addition of pumpkin pie spice is beyond brilliant! What a great twist to one of my favorites… Thanks for sharing with Friday Potluck this week!