Since the season of gardening is upon us, there is no better time than to find some inspiration in it! Over the decades many writers have found ways to express their love of gardening and the inspiration they find in it through verse. If you want to be inspired by their words, take a look below at 10 Inspirational Quotes All About Gardening. Hopefully in these quotes you too can find inspiration to get out and grow something!
10 Inspirational Quotes All About Gardening
Did you ever think of a garden as feeding not just your tummy, but your soul? Quote #1 sums up this idea perfectly! When you garden you feed so much more.
1. The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul. — Alfred Austin
2. I grow plants for many reasons: to please my eye or to please my soul, to challenge the elements or to challenge my patience, for novelty or for nostalgia, but mostly for the joy in seeing them grow.— David Hobson
3. The garden suggests there might be a place where we can meet nature halfway.
— Michael Pollan
I love quote #4, as it hopefully encourages anyone who feels scared to garden or is afraid at failing at it. If this is you, then this quote is for you! Don’t be afraid to try your hand at gardening. Look at it as an experiment worth trying.
4. There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments. — Janet Kilburn Phillips
5. The greatest fine art of the future will be the making of a comfortable living from a small piece of land. — Abraham Lincoln
Quote #6 relays the idea that a garden gives back more than flowers and produce. When you garden, there are benefits that you get which can’t always be seen with the naked eye. There is so much more coming to you!
6. A garden always gives back more than it receives. – Mara Beamish
7. A man who has planted a garden feels as he has done something good for the world. – Charles Dudley Warner
Did you ever think of gardening as a humble experience? Martha Stewart sums it up perfectly. When you garden, you risk failure, and that is ok! You are at the mercy of the garden and will find yourself in a humble position. It can truly be an amazing thing!
8. Gardening is a humbling experience. – Martha Stewart
9. A garden is a delight for the eye and solace for the soul. – Sadi
It is true that garden provides so much pleasure! You feel the sun on your face, the dirt on your hands, and of course the smell of flowers and taste of fresh produce. Our final quote sums up the fact that garden is truly a pleasure!
10. Gardening is the purest of human pleasures. – Francis Bacon
Do these gardening quotes inspire you? I sure hope so. Jot a few down to reflect to as you plan and plant your own garden this season!