For Mother's Day my daughter made a Double Chocolate Pizookie (Pizza Cookie). It was such a hit that my husband put my daughter in charge of dessert again when my birthday rolled around. She lived up to her reputation as our personal pizookie expert and made this delicious Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Pizookie.
Wasn't it sweet that they didn't use number candle?!?
I have a tendency to want to cut the pizzookie like a pizza, but my daughter says that is not necessary. She says it is perfectly fine to cut it into easier to manage squares or rectangles.
- 1 cup white rice flour
- ¾ cup tapioca flour
- ½ cup potato starch
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter (I use dairy-free margarine)
- ½ cup shortening
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon gf vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I use df chips)
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease a pizza pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, potato starch, gum, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars.
- Add vanilla and eggs to sugar mixture.
- Combine the sugar mixture and the flour mixture. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Add chocolate chips and stir until thoroughly incorporated.
- Spread dough out evenly on the greased pizza pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18 - 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice-cream and your choice of toppings.