These 10 free fitness gear patterns will help you save money while expanding your workout wardrobe.
Fitness gear can be crazy expensive and not only that, it can be really hard to find fitness gear that fit your fitness goals and bodies. I think it is amazing that more and more places can be found that are offering tutorials on how to make everything from yoga bags to work out shorts online and I wanted to put them together in one place so you can find what you need, make it and get back to getting healthy. Here are 10 DIY Free fitness gear patterns to get you moving!
10 DIY Free Fitness Gear Patterns
1. This iPod Case Tutorial from Design Fixation is so easy even a beginner could do it. It looks like a soft way to keep your tunes near you when you work out!
2. I love a good deconstruction project, and this Yoga Mat Tote from Bzzy Little Bee made from a reusable grocery bag is perfect for making one that can be washed.
3. If you need a Yoga Mat Strap, this tutorial from ..And Away we Go is just what you need.
4. If running is your thing, make these Bias Trim Shorts from Melly Sews in any size and color. They are so easy you could make several.
5. Another great deconstruction project is these Yoga Shorts made from a T-Shirt from TK Rainy via Cut out and Keep. What a great way to make a pair of shorts without losing your favorite T-shirt.
6. You may have heard of FlipBelts. They are elastic belts designed for runners to carry their keys, cash, and iPod. You can make your own with this tutorial for a Workout Belt from Escapades in Sewing.
7. It is hard to find a comfortable sports bra, and if you exercise frequently, buying enough to keep up with your habit can put a big dent in your pocket. You can save money and get a better fit by making your own with this Ultimate Sports Bra Pattern from So Sew Easy.
8. Make these Leggings for working out from So Sew Easy. She includes a spreadsheet to help you draft your own pattern that will fit you perfectly!
9. This DIY Tank Top from Dollars, Sense and More is just like the more expensive version in stores but uses your own old t-shirt.
10. Make these great Yoga Pants from If Only They Would Nap for something great for lounging in after workouts or for doing workouts as well.