When we look in the mirror, we tend to notice our wrinkles, but smile lines are not what ages us the most. Below are non-invasive and easy ways to look 10 years younger.
None of us wants to look our age and we certainly don't want to look older than we actually are. But instead of focusing on smiles lines and gray hair, which does not age us as much as you may think, check out these easy steps that we can add to our daily beauty routine to look younger.
10 Easy Ways to Look 10 Years Younger
1. Exfoliate your skin 1 – 3 times a week. Dry, flaking skin looks dull. This polishing peel skin refinisher is my favorite exfoliator. It leaves my face feeling silky smooth and gives it a youthful glow.
2. Moisturize your skin. Moisturizing plumps your skin and minimizes the look of wrinkles. I know you use a moisturizer on your face, but what about your hands? This moisturizing cream will help hydrate and plump the skin on your hands. Keep lotion by each sink in your house and apply it after every time you wash your hands to help keep them looking their best.
3. Moisturize your lips. As with your skin, moisturizing your lips plumps them and make them look more full. I carry this contouring lip gloss with me everywhere! Not only does it soften my lips, it helps them to appear fuller and more defined.
4. When you want more color on your lips, skip the lipstick and use a lip stain. With a lip stain, the color stays on your lips and doesn't bleed into the fine lines around your mouth. A lip stain usually stays in place for 6 – 12 hours depending on the brand. This means that you don't have to waste time reapplying your lipstick throughout the day.
5. Whiten your teeth. Our teeth tend to yellow as we age, especially if we drink coffee, tea, soda, or wine. Use a whitening toothpaste to remove the external stains on your teeth. AP-24 whitening toothpaste is my favorite. It doesn't contain peroxide, so I can use it regularly without making my teeth sensitive.
6. Fill in your eyebrows with a pencil if they have thinned over time. If they have become much lighter, you can have them dyed at a salon so you don't have to fill them in daily.
7. Lift your eyes by curling your eyelashes. You can use a heated eyelash curler or a curling mascara to lift your lashes which visually defies gravity and lifts your eyes.
8. Use a dark blue eyeliner in place of black to make the whites of your eyes appear whiter. The whites of our eyes, tend to yellow as we age, using a blue eyeliner instead of black or brown will make your eyes appear whiter.
9. Remove excess facial hair. We tend to grow more facial hair as we get older. Sad, but true. You can remove it at home with a product like Sally Hansen's Hair Removal Kit or you can have your chin and jaw line waxed at a beauty salon.
10. Even out skin tone with a tinted moisturizer. You don't have to apply full-coverage makeup to cover your age spots, instead apply a thin coat of tinted moisturizer. Even better, choose a tinted moisturizer with sunblock in it to help prevent additional damage.
Bonus Tips: Moisturize your neck and decolletage morning and night. And be sure to cover the area with a sunscreen before going out. Our neck and chest can give away our age if we don't keep the area hydrated.
Extra Bonus Tip: I know I said smile lines don't age you, but we all want to make those lines a little less pronounced! I love this Tru Face Line Corrector! It helps to soften the deep lines around your eyes, mouth, and forehead.