Empty 2 liter soda bottles can really come in handy around your home! Get some great ideas with these 7 Creative Uses for 2 Liter Bottles.
If you have soda drinkers in your house, you probably find your recycling bin full of 2 liter bottles. Aside from sending them off to be recycled, you might not think they are good for much else, right? Wrong! 2 liter bottles have all sorts of practical reasons for use after the soda runs out. Take a look below at 7 Creative Uses for 2 Liter Bottles that you can try. You might find those empty bottles to be quite handy!
7 Creative Uses for 2 Liter Bottles
1. Make a mini greenhouse. Cut the bottom half of the bottle off so you have a dome shape. Take the top half (the dome) and leave the cap in place. It can then be placed over small plants and seedlings that need a little warmth. The bottle will help retain heat and even moisture helping the plant thrive.
2. Make a decorative cloche. Cloches are those fancy domes that are put over special objects to make them look even more special. You can make your own cloche when you follow the same directions for making a mini greenhouse above. I like to paint the lid white so it isn’t so obvious that it’s from a soda bottle. Then just place a collectible under the dome/cloche for a decorative effect.
3. Water large plants even when you’re gone. Fill a 2 liter bottle with water and place it upside down in a large potted plant. Dig the neck of the bottle down deep into the dirt. As the soil dries out it will pull water from the bottle to drink. This is a great way to keep plants watered when you go out of town.
4. Make an EYE SPY bottle. Fill a clean and dry 2 liter bottle with rice and small objects such as a penny, miniatures, a tack, etc. Make a list of all the items you added. Then, secure the lid and mix up the bottle well. Let kids roll the bottle around to see if they can spy the items on the list.
5. Make a pet food scoop. Cut the bottle in half like you would if you were making a cloche or mini greenhouse. Place one of the halves in your pet food bag. It is a nice and sturdy way to dig out food without getting your hands dirty. You can use this trick for all sorts of pet food and feed!
6. Store homemade cleaners. 2 liter bottles can be perfect for storing large batches of homemade cleaners. Be sure you REMOVE ALL SODA LABELS prior to storing any cleaners and PLACE A NEW LABEL on the bottle identifying the contents. It is essential that you take these steps for safety purposes.
7. Make a door stop. If you need a door stop or weight for any reason, fill a 2 liter bottle with sand or gravel. Replace the lid tightly. The bottle will become nice and heavy and be the perfect door stop or weight. This weight can come in handy to hold doors, hold down awning ropes, and all sorts of other odd jobs around the house.
Did you ever think that 2 liter bottles could be so practical? Give these tips for reusing 2 liter bottles a try and you will never toss one away again.
More Frugal Ways to Reuse Household Items:
7 Frugal Uses for Empty Shoe Boxes
7 Ways to Reuse Toilet Paper Rolls
25 Creative Ways to Reuse Egg Cartons
10 Frugal Uses for Yogurt Containers
Dorothy Emory says
I use two liter bottles to store my sugar, I add mini marshmallows and it doesn’t get hard or clump.
Alea Milham says
Just make sure u put in Sunny Window
Lindsey Mozgai says
I love thie greenhouse idea! I’ve wanted to try one but since we live in an apartment I never thought we’d have the space! Thanks for the great idea.