Once you get your Etsy account up and running, you will see your sales start to take off. If they don’t, there may be some simple changes that make all of the difference. To make sure you are maximizing profits for your handicrafts, here are 7 ways to make more money on Etsy.
7 Ways to Make More Money on Etsy
1. Add tags. Be sure you aren’t skipping the tagging section of the listing. Adding multiple clear tags to describe the item will help buyers easily find it. Driving more traffic to your sales page is important, so add tags and see what a difference they can make.
2. Be whimsical. This seems silly, but you will notice how sweet and whimsical the listings are on Etsy. Make your listings whimsical with beautiful photos and photo props, silly pops of humor in your listing, and by being a friendly and fun seller. This will help buyers to feel more invited and get a sense of your style.
3. Search previous sales. You can’t see the price that an item sold at, but you can see what items have previously sold on Etsy. Look at previously sold items so you can get an idea if there is a market for the item and how the buyer styled the item in the photo.
4. Be realistic about prices. Try to find out what similar items are going for and stay competitive. You are competing with thousands of other sellers, so you want to offer prices that compete with theirs. Pricing too high or even too low can make buyers pass you up.
5. Respond to questions quickly. Buyer may open up a conversation with you about the item to ask questions or make special requests. Respond quickly as often people are shopping on Etsy for gifts they need in a timely manner. Always reply quickly and politely.
6. Link sale pages to your personal media pages. You can copy the link to your sales pages and post them to your social media sites for more traffic. This is a great way to let others know what you are selling and get more exposure and sales.
7. Offer a shipping discount. Offer a shipping discount on multiple purchases. This way, a buyer may be more inclined to buy several things from you. Offering a shipping discount typically doesn’t cost you anything, and is a great way to grab more sales.