Are you looking for a Father’s Day gift your kids can make for their dad? Here is an easy Father’s Day craft you can do with your kids.
All you need is a soup can, paint chips, white paint, and glue. First you have your children paint the soup can white. While they are waiting for the paint to dry, you can help your children cut a tie shape from the paint chip. You can get two ties from one paint chip. Once the paint it dry they can glue the tie on to the soup can. Then they can fill the paint can with office supplies.
You can also use the soup can as a unique gift holder. Simply put a small gift in a piece of tissue paper and place it inside the can.
How to Make a Paint Chip Tie Pen Holder
- Assorted Paint Chip Strips
- Craft Glue
- Soup Can
- White Paint
You can find all of these supplies at your local craft and retail stores.
1. Begin by cleaning the soup can well and drying it thoroughly.
2. Apply to layers of white paint (either spray or brush on) and allow to dry.
3. Take your scissors and cut out a tie shape from your paint chips. You can practice on scrap paper first and create a stencil if you are nervous about free handing it.
4. Apply some glue to the back of your tie cut out and press it to the front of the can.
5. You can add an additional tie to the opposite side of the can if you wish or just leave it simple and as is. The idea is that the can looks like a white dress shirt wearing a tie, just like dad!
Once the tie is dry and secure, you can now fill the can with office supplies such as pens, pencils, rulers, scissors, markers, highlighters, and anything else you can think of.