You are never too old to believe in mermaids or at least indulge in this Homemade Mermaid Bath Bomb Recipe.
Soak and splash away all the cares of the world when you add this Sandalwood & Patchouli Mermaid Bath Bomb Recipe to your bath. The soothing and sensuous scents of sandalwood and patchouli combine with the skin softening ingredients of cornstarch, coconut oil, and vitamin E oil to create a mini bath bomb that transforms your soaking experience!
I originally intended to purchase these large mermaids tail molds but got these tiny mermaid tail molds instead. I turned it into a happy accident and made them into mini mermaid tail bath bombs, you will want to add anywhere from 3 to 6 mini bath bombs to your tub to get the most benefit from the ingredients.
Sandalwood & Patchouli Mermaid Bath Bomb Recipe
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup citric acid
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 12-15 drops Sandalwood Essential oil
- 10-12 drops Patchouli Essential oil
- purple mica powder
- green mica powder
- 2-3 teaspoons of water
- mermaid tail mold
If you prefer, use the larger mermaid tail molds
- Combine cornstarch, citric acid, Epsom salts, and coconut oil in a large bowl, stir until combined.
- If you are using more than one color divide up your mixture into separate bowls and stir in the mica powder until your desired color is reached.
- Slow stir water into each batch, just until the mixture holds together when you squeeze it. It is important to add it slowly so that they will dry well and so that it doesn’t set off the fizzing before you pop them in the bath!
- Scoop mixture into your mold and press firmly into the mold, be sure to fill the corners, the back of a spoon is great for packing it down.
- Allow your tray of molds to dry until completely hardened.
- Remove carefully from the molds, if you use the small molds like I did take care to remove them as they are more fragile due to being thinner.
- Store your molds in a container with a fitted lid away from water until ready to use.
- When you are ready for your mermaid bath drop 2 or 3 beneath the running water.
More Bath Bomb Recipes