This Olympic Rings Sun Catcher is a great craft to get your kids excited about the Summer Olympics!
This Olympic Rings craft project is easy to make! It is made with Modge Podge, wax paper, and tissue paper.
Here are more Summer Olympic Games and Activities to do with your kids.
Olympic Rings Sun Catcher Craft
- Modge Podge
- sponge paintbrush
- wax paper
- clear tape
- blue, black, red, yellow, and green tissue paper (I could not find black tissue paper local so I used black crepe paper)
- glue stick
- 2 round containers to trace 1 large circle and 1 small circle (I used a coffee container lid and an empty k-cup, as shown)
1. Tear off a large piece of wax paper. Use the pencil to trace 5 larger circles. After the larger circles are drawn, use the pencil to trace a smaller circle in the middle (see photo).
3. Use the scissors to cut the tissue paper into small squares.
4. Glue the tissue paper onto each ring, using one color per ring. Repeat with all the rings and tissue paper as shown below.
5. Once all the rings have tissue paper on them use the paint sponge to coat the circles with Modge Podge.
9. Slide each ring into the other to resemble the Olympic rings. Use clear tape to reconnect the rings.
10. Once the rings are connected place tape on the back of the rings and stick the sun catcher to a window.