Don’t toss your empty toilet paper rolls, there are so many fun ways to reuse them! These Toilet Paper Roll Owl Puppets are an easy craft for kids of all ages.
I love crafts that use items we would normally throw away. Its a great way to reuse items and it saves money on craft supplies. These Toilet Paper Owl Puppets are a perfect recycled material project to do with your little ones.
There are a lot of ways that kids can use these cute little owl puppets. If you are doing a study on the alphabet, these could be used to practice the letter ‘O’. Older kids will like making these for putting on plays as well. This would be a fun way to help them learn to write a small performance, wouldn’t it?
Aside from the recycled toilet paper roll, most of the materials here can be found in your craft bin or easily bought for very low cost.
Toilet Paper Roll Owl Puppets
- 2 or more empty toilet paper rolls
- paint brush
- google eyes
- white glue
- orange foam sheet
1. For large owls, leave roll as-is. For smaller owls, cut roll in half with scissors.
2. Create owl ears by folding in the top one side of the roll and then folding the other to meet in the middle or slightly overlap. No need to glue them as they stay pretty well.
3. Paint your owls as desired. You can sprinkle glitter on if you want as well while the paint is still wet. Let dry.
4. When dry, add google eyes and feathers with glue.
5. Cut out a small triangle for a beak and attach with glue as well.
6. Let dry and place your fingers in the bottom opening to create finger puppets.
More Fun Crafts and Activities for Kids:
Bouncing Beans Activity for Kids
How to Make an Egg Carton Caterpillar
Popsicle Stick Dragonfly Craft
Disappearing Egg Activity for Kids
Alphabet Activity Jar and 5 Alphabet Activities
10 Quick and Easy Phonics Activities
Thanks to Kari of Craft Create Cook for sharing her tutorial and pictures with us.
Leave a Reply