Last week after I discovered that I accidentally bought too many tortillas, I declared a quesadilla week. Why quesadillas? Because they are fast, easy, and each quesadilla uses two tortillas.
I wanted my kids cooperation, so I asked them to share their ideas for variations. My daughter suggested using chicken salad and since I think everything goes well with melted cheese, I agreed to give it a try.
I had Italian Chicken Salad on hand so that is what I used in the quesadilla. It was a surprisingly delicious combination! I will also give this recipe a try the next time I make Fiesta Chicken Salad.
- 12 tortillas
- 1½ cups cheese
- 3 cups chicken salad
- Brush the pan with oil and heat until hot. (350 on an electric skillet or medium-high on the stove).
- Place tortillas on pan.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of cheese on each tortilla.
- Place ~1/2 cup of chicken salad on top of the cheese.
- Top with 2 tablespoons of cheese.
- Place another tortilla on top and press it down to evenly smush the ingredients between the tortillas.
- Cook until the bottom tortilla is brown. Flip and cook until the other tortilla is brown, approximately 3 -4 minutes each side.
- Repeat until all of your quesadillas have been made.
- Cut in fourths with a pizza cutter and serve while hot.
Tomorrow I will be sharing my oldest son’s idea: Pizza Quesadillas!