We enjoy Hasselback Potatoes, so I decided to try making Hasselback Sweet Potatoes. Instead of going with savory herbs, I combined butter, honey, cinnamon, and ginger. And they were amazingly delicious! My kids have asked me to serve these for Thanksgiving this year. I love it when my kids ask me to cook vegetables.
The sweet potatoes were long so I cut them in half. This allowed them to fit in the pan better, but they didn’t fan out as much as I would have liked. Next time I will use short, fat sweet potatoes, so I get a more dramatic presentation.
- 4 sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Thinly slice the sweet potatoes in ¼ inch thick slices. Only go ¾ of the way through the potatoes.
- Melt butter. Add honey and spices to butter. Stir well.
- Drizzle half of the honey and butter mixture over the potatoes.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Drizzle the remaining glaze over the sweet potatoes. Bake for an additional 25 minutes or until fork tender.
More Sweet Potato Recipes: