What could be better for your next potluck, barbecue, or party than a hearty and flavorful potato salad? Even better, how about a potato salad that is reminiscent of a steakhouse favorite? This potato salad recipe is simple to put together. The crumbled bacon on top makes for an inviting presentation. This is sure to become a new favorite side dish among your friends and family!
Although this potato salad is called loaded baked potato salad, you are not actually required to bake the potatoes. It has all the flavor of loaded baked potatoes, but you still boil the potatoes like you would traditionally do when making potatoes.
This potato salad uses red potatoes. I don't peel them. I just wash them and remove any eyes and then cut them up. Skipping the peeling process shaves quite a bit of time off the prep time in making this salad,
While this is a quick and easy potato salad to make, it does require time in the refrigerator for it to chill. Allow this to set up in refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours. However, it is even better if you can leave it in the refrigerator over night. It gives it more time for the flavors to meld.
- 12-14 medium red potatoes
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 6 pieces of crispy bacon, chopped
- 1 16oz bag shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp. vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the potatoes into eighths.
- Boil the potatoes for about 15-20 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes and allow them to cool.
- Combine the potatoes, sour cream, mayonnaise, shredded cheddar cheese, and all but a large pinch of bacon.
- Sprinkle the remaining piece of bacon on top of of the potato salad as a garnish.
More Potato Recipes:
Thanks to Jody of a Sip of Southern Sunshine for sharing her recipe with us.