My daughter thinks the name sounds too boring for such a delicious meal and keeps suggesting alternatives like “cheesy, tomatoey divinity”. I think readers are more likely to be repulsed by her suggestions, so I have yet to change the name to something more exciting.
- 1 lb. rotini or penne pasta noodles, uncooked (I use brown rice pasta)
- 3 cups of spaghetti sauce (Easy Homemade Spaghetti Sauce Recipe)
- 3 cups water
- ½ pound of cooked ground beef/turkey (optional)
- 1 -2 cups of your favorite cheese, grated
- If you are going to use include meat in this dish, brown it in a skillet.
- While the meat is browning, place uncooked pasta noodles in a 13x9 baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine the spaghetti sauce, water, and cooked meat.
- Pour spaghetti sauce mixture over noodles, mix enough to ensure the noodles are coated.
- Cover with foil and bake at 425 for 30 minutes or until the noodles are al dente. Spread cheese over the top and bake for 5 - 10 minutes more uncovered or until the cheese is completely melted.
- Let rest for several minutes before serving.
I serve Pasta Bake with a garden salad.
Do you have any tricks for eliminating a step when you cook? I love finding ways to minimize cooking time, dishes, or both!