I have discovered how to make the easiest pizza crust EVER! Seriously it only takes 2 ingredients: hash browns and an egg. No more waiting for pizza dough to rise. Just combine a bag of Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns with an egg, then form the hash browns into a circle on a pizza pan and bake. It is really that easy. Do you have a great potato recipe that uses less than 5 ingredients? Share it in the 5 Ingredient Fix Recipe Competition sponsored by Simply Potatoes.
I know many people think of hash browns as a breakfast food, but I used my hash brown pizza crust to make a pepperoni pizza for dinner. I used 5 ingredients: hash browns, an egg, pizza sauce, Italian blend shredded cheese and pepperonis.
Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns are in the refrigerated section of grocery stores. Since they are fresh potatoes that are refrigerated, you don’t have to thaw them or squeeze out any excess liquids which speeds up the prep time for this recipe.
After you have combined the egg and hash browns form it into a circle on a pizza pan. Bake at 450 degrees for 25 minutes or until it begins to brown. When it is done, it will be a cohesive pizza crust and will not crumble.
After the hash brown pizza crust is done baking, add pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperonis (or your choice of pizza toppings). Then put it back in the oven and bake it until the cheese is melted.
And if you are wondering, yes, you can eat this pizza with your hands. The hash brown pizza crust is flexible, but firm enough that it holds together well.
- 1 - 22 oz. pkge. Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¾ cup Pizza Sauce
- 1½ - 2 cups Italian blend cheese
- 25 slices pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and grease a pizza pan.
- In a large bowl, combine hash browns and egg until the hash browns are thoroughly coated with the egg.
- Form the hash browns into a circle on the pizza pan.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 25 minutes or until he hash browns begin to brown.
- Remove the pizza crust from the oven. Lower the temperature to 350 degrees.
- Top the hash brown crust with pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperonis.
- Place the pizza back in the oven and bake at 350 degrees until the cheese melts, approximately 5 -7 minutes.
- Serve while still warm.
One Grand Prize Winner will receive $3,000 cash. One People’s Choice Winner will receive $1,250 cash. One Sweepstakes Prize Winner will receive $750 cash. You can submit your recipe and read all of the rules here.
For rules on how to enter the Sweepstakes click here.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Simply Potatoes. The opinions and text are all mine.