This pumpkin chai fudge recipe includes real chai tea!
Pumpkin Fudge is very popular in our house. The last time I was making it, I decided to combine the flavors of my Chai Tea Fudge with my Pumpkin fudge. I tweaked both recipes a little and came up with a new family favorite. I steeped Chai Tea in the evaporated milk and then add extra spices to create a uniquely flavorful fudge recipe.
Traditional Chai spices include cardamon which can be expensive. But a little cardamon goes a long way. When it goes on sale, you will want to pick up a bottle and use it to add a distinct flavor to your desserts. However, if you don’t have cardamon in your pantry right now, you can leave it out. You will still have a totally awesome pumpkin fudge without it.
Pumpkin Chai Fudge Recipe
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk
- 2 Chai tea bags
- ¾ cup butter
- 3 cups sugar
- ¾ cups pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cardamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 – 7 oz. jar of marshmallow cream
- Heat evaporated milk, but don't let it boil. Add tea bags and let them steep for 5 minutes. Squeeze liquid out of tea bags. Add additional evaporated milk to make it reach ⅔ cup.
- In a large pot, combine butter, evaporated milk, sugar, pumpkin and spices.
- Cook over high heat, stirring continuously until the mixture reaches 234 degrees (use a candy thermometer to keep track of the temperature). Remove from heat.
- Stir in white chips until they are completely melted.
- Stir in marshmallow cream until it is completely mixed in.
- Pour into a greased pan and cool in the refrigerator for 2 hours or until firm.