Once the kids start school it seems like party season begins. Sometimes we are asked to bring an item and for some occasions we want to bring a hostess gift. In most cases chocolate serves the purpose. Bark recipes are fast and easy, so they allow me to fit a homemade gift into my hectic schedule. The chocolate can be melted in the microwave, so there is no need to turn on the oven or stove to create this bark recipe.
The chocolate melts at a low temperature, so you don’t have to worry about the chocolate melting the marshmallows.
- 12 oz. semi-sweet or dark chocolate pieces
- 1 cup almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1+ cup miniature marshmallows
- Line a cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate pieces according to package directions.
- Stir in almonds and marshmallows.
- Spread the mixture on to the cookie sheet.
- Freeze for 30 minutes to quickly set or place in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Break into pieces.
More Homemade Candy Recipes:
Barb @ Frugal Local Kitchen says
Oh, boy does that look good! I love bark candy.