This is a fast and easy recipe for Salmon with Balsamic Glaze. The glaze is made with just two ingredients: raspberry jam and balsamic vinegar.
I love how fast fish can be cooked. You can cook it start to finish in 15 minutes if you choose to ignore marinating times. Who does that? Me, when I am in a pinch! This recipe says to marinate the salmon for 2 hours, but it will still taste good. Even if you don’t have time to marinate it.
Although I can cook fish quickly, I haven’t quite figured out how to make cooked fish look attractive. Salmon is particularly hard to make look attractive because when it is done, the top is usually covered with white bubbles. I just spoon more glaze over the top to hide the white bubbles.
- 1 - 2 lbs. salmon
- ¼ cup raspberry jam
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar ( I use gluten-free vinegar)
- Combine the balsamic vinegar and raspberry jam in a small bowl. Use a whisk to thoroughly combine the ingredients.
- Pour half of the glaze over the salmon and let it marinate for 2 hours. Reserve the remaining glaze to put on the cooked salmon.
- After marinating cook the salmon at 400 degrees for 10 - 15 minutes or until it is cooked through and easily flakes with a fork.
- Serve immediately, with glaze drizzled over the top.