I can’t stop baking with sweet potatoes. Do you ever get hung up on an ingredient and just keep cooking with it until you run out of ideas? I think I promised once before to stop posting sweet potato recipes, so I am not going to make any promises this time, but I will try very hard to use a different main ingredient next time I post a recipe. Try being the operative word. 🙂
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup pureed sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Grease ramekins. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium bowl. Use a whisk to thoroughly combine the ingredients.
- Divide the mixture between 4 – 4 ounce ramekins or 3 – 6 ounce* ramekins.
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet and cook for about 15 minutes or until they are puffed up, with golden tops, and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
We serve them warm and eat them right out of the ramekin. I pulled one out and cut it in half so you could see the texture in case you were visualizing some weird runny egg mixture.
My kids think these taste a bit like French toast. I think it is a great way to get veggies in them at breakfast time!