This Raccoon Paper Plate Craft features a fuzzy forest friend with fun googly eyes. It’s a simple craft for kids and requires just a few low-cost materials.
Many people see raccoons as complete pests, but you just cannot deny that they are pretty cute. With their ‘bandit mask’ and cat-like features, raccoons are one pest that I think is really adorable. If you are looking for a cute fall craft or craft for any time, really, this Raccoon Paper Plate Craft for kids is just right. Paper plate crafts are ideal for those looking for a frugal craft to do that requires minimal craft supplies and can even be done by an entire class as well for a low price. Check out how you can make a really sweet raccoon out of paper plates for a fun activity this afternoon.
Raccoon Paper Plate Craft for Kids Tutorial
- 2 small paper plates
- grey acrylic paint
- paint brush
- black sticky back felt
- white sticky back felt
- large googly eyes
- large black permanent marker
- glue stick
1. Paint both paper plates grey using the paint brush and let dry.
2. Once the plates have dried, cut out 2 triangles for ears out of one plate.
3. Affix the two ears to the top of the second grey paper plate. Cut out two smaller grey triangles from the black sticky felt and place in the middle of the two grey ears.
5. Cut out a 2″-3″ inch circle out of the white sticky felt and place it in the middle of the plate for the raccoon’s nose. Cut out a small triangle out of the black sticky back felt and place in the middle of the white circle.
6. Give the raccoon a mouth using the large permanent marker.